This months MSDT Program at Scuba Cat Diving starts on 24th April 2012.
So you have passed your PADI IDC and IE are are now looking to start working in your dream job.
First – you look at the various diving job websites
Next – you post your CV onto the PADI pros website
and then you wait…………… realizing that there are many new PADI OWSI Instructors each month actively seeking work……….
You want to stand out from the crowd, how do you do this?
Easy, Continue Your Education to Master Scuba Diver Trainer :
This rating sets you apart from other dive instructors by showing your commitment to continuing your dive training and being prepared to help others continue their training as well. You also get to teach PADI specialty diver courses – which opens the door to lots of fun while working.
To qualify as a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, you must:
- Be a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- Have five PADI Specialty Instructor certifications
- Have certified at least 25 PADI Divers
How can we help you achieve this?
At Scuba Cat Diving we have two methods you can do this, individual courses or as an all inclusive MSDT internship.
Each month directly after the IE we hold the MSDT prep program. This comprises of 5 speciality instructor certifications. This is the first step required in obtaining your MSDT.
During each of the 5 Speciality Instructor Courses you will:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the specialty diver course outline.
- State the purpose and goals of the specialty diver course.
- Explain the course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide.
- List student diver and instructor equipment requirements.
- Explain the specialty diver course open water training considerations.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development and water skill performance requirements for the specialty diver course.
- Conduct an open water teaching assignment and demonstrate all open water performance requirements for the specialty diver course. Skills may be combined as appropriate for open water training dives.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Describe successful marketing and promotional techniques to promote specialty diver training as part of the PADI System.
- Determine costs involved in the pricing of specialty training.
After successful completion of the 5 specialty Instructor rating you will require 25 certifications in order to apply for the MSDT.
At Scuba Cat Diving we have a work experience program which is designed especially for New Instructors. You will gain the 25 certifications required for the MSDT whilst working along side our team of experienced PADI Instructors, benefiting not only from the certifications and the knowledge you will gain from them but from being part of a working dive centre, gaining a valuable insite into how you will be able to use your personality to best fit into your new role.